Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life's reflections

Sometimes I would like to see a different colored sky. Just for change, just for a minute.

You walk through life for years. Always able to look back and see where you have been but you never know where that road ends. Or when it will end. You never know for sure how much longer you will travel on it. Is there a place you will get to or does the line just end nowhere?

Sand like years just pile up, covering up some of our failures and some of our successes. We know they are there but others will never see them. I know that power pole was not set that low. So many years ago, so much sand blown around it.


" Oh the wonders that I find
In the playground in my mind
In a world that used to be
Close your eyes and follow me
Where the children laugh and the children play
And we sing a song all day."
by Clint Holmes - from "Playground in my mind"

Some times we hit some big bump as we travel the road of life. Some of us worry ourselves till we're sick. And then there are those who take it all in stride. They get locked up for something, and they accept it. Just enjoy the outside air whenever you're allowed outside. Sit and watch for a while.


And those of us who worry about life? Well, sooner or later we find a reflecting pool. Some sit down and enjoy the moment.

Me, I find a pretty lady and ask her to sit by that reflecting pool. I take a picture.


Then I sit by that pretty lady and ask a friend to take our picture. Preserve the moment. Years from now, I will look at it and remember the sun's warmth on my arms, the fresh smell of green grass, and the pretty lady by my side.

And life goes on. Some memories can be recreated again. Like the childhood pleasure of swinging on a tire. Ah, warm, warm sunshine on my face.

Sometimes you have to share with a friend a little bit of the knowledge you have. You have to lend your favorite toy to your friend too, so you can be in the picture. Sam is a quick learner. Great picture.

"If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way."
by John Denver - from "Sunshine on my shoulder"

We spent an eternity on a merry-go-round. The old years drifted away. floated to an era of long ago. A care free world where mother's arms could heal all injuries, warm any cold night and dad's presence would ward off all danger.
So we went round in circles. The sun revolved around us. Until the shadows started to grow. Now with eyes open the years came back but that old feeling lingered. Got up. walked away.

A purple sky with a crescent moon. A different colored sky, just for a moment.

Did you ever read a H. P. Lovecraft story? Maybe they were here....

No comments: