Sunday, March 11, 2007

Visible age

Some times I worry about age, most of the time I don't. I drove down Ritchie Road a few days ago and found an old bridge. I climbed underneath to see what most people don't see. It was smelly and slippery underneath. I did get a few pictures of the bridge and the rail road tracks that ran underneath. I saw old age as I climbed back up. An old dried piece of wood heavy with age. It had dried up and the nails were now sticking out. A piece of wood with wrinkles. It looked great.
I got back in my truck and drove about a mile and found an open field. I am not a farmer but I think this is wheat. More old age. Skinny dried but standing tall. It was hard and unbending. It will be there for a few more weeks and then the wind will break it. The winds of change.
Drove another two miles and found this.... A gate with no fence. It was locked too. Yeah, had a chain and a lock. I didn't go past it. It was locked. I have met lots of people like that field with a locked gate and no fence.
It was a good day for picture taking. It is good to age slowly.... to see what is under the bridge, to smell the grass, and to avoid gates that serve no purpose. Life has been good to me.....

No comments: