Monday, December 10, 2007

Grandparents Day at Home

Well, Maiko was delighted to find out that we had the NFL channel a few weeks ago. Elfida only watches the Cowboys and I don't follow any football team. When they announced that the Cowboy's game would only be shown on that channel Elfida asked if we had the channel. I told her I thought we did and looking through the channels, I found it. Maiko was planning to go to a friends house when we told him that we had it. By the time he started calling his friends to let them know we had the channel, which was a couple of days before the game, most of them had already made plans to go somewhere else. Some went all the way to Tylor, Texas, to see the game.
I set up the LCD projector and hooked up the cable to it. When Maiko came over wearing his Romo jersey he was really exited to be seeing the game on the wall 6 ft. by 4 ft. He even got to have fun with the announcers. Anyways, the cowboys won and both Elfid and Maiko were very happy.
With the weather getting colder, Fifi likes to go sit outside when the sun is out. If she can't go outside, she likes to sit on the window sill. If it is cold she hides under her blanket. Elfida bought her a doll bed which she took to with no problem.
This past Sunday we had both grand daughters spend the night. Lily found her scooter safety equipment. She won't ride the scooter but she did wear the equipment through out the day.
Big sister helped put on the pads. Yeah You can see the Cowboy game on the TV. Grandma won't miss it. For most of the day they got along great. A couple of time we heard Lily's, "No, ma'm!" Which usually meant that she had taken something from Isabelle and Isabelle was asking for it.
Ok, how do I look?
We had a ball seeing them play during the day. I made them hot chocolate and Lily then treated me to her imitation of a frog's call. She also ate all my Pistachios, M&Ms and Elfida's sugar coated pecans. Isabelle found my card stock paper and made snow flakes out of it. Those were some expensive snow flakes. She made a mask for Lily and Lily spent about half an hour walking up to me with the mask and making growling noises. I had to act scared for a half hour.
Sunday was a great day to be a grandparent, even if it was cold and wet outside. Both grand daughters look so much like their dad and act so much like their uncle Carlos.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YES!!! YOU HAVE THE NFL NETWORK!!! The Pachecano's and Bukoski's will be at you house for the next game (as soon as you invite us...lol)!! I hate fighting the crowds to watch the game. OP3 HAS to watch it!!!

I just love the pictures of your grandbeauties!!! They are so gorgeous!!