Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer days

As summer comes upon us, we grown ups worry about the lack of rain, high electric and water bills. Elfida and I were at Big Lots. We saw this swimming pool, 10 ft. diameter 2 ft. high. It went home with us. Aaron helped me put it up while Maiko cooked some meat on the grill. I had four kids in swim suits standing around watching the water in the pool slowly rise. Very slowly.
With about four inches of water, I could no longer look at the kids faces filled with anticipation. I gave the go ahead! Four inches was all the water they needed to forget the heat. They splashed, jumped, scooted, and dunked their heads in the cool, cool, clear water.
Oh yes, I envy them and their care free spirit. They can create so much joy out of so little. There were giggles, laughter, screams, and a few tears, all the confines of a small pool of water. Beautiful memories.
One day I was walking through the living room and heard a click, then a few seconds later another and it came every few seconds. I checked all over the room for the source. I found it under the buffet. It was a cry for help from a beetle trapped in a spider's web. Every so ofter it would find strength and twitch its body making it click, causing the spider to move away, then it would return to try and finish off its meal.
Saturday Elfida and I went to Ft. Worth to see Carlos. We got there while he was still a work, but he came out to meet us and get us our hotel room. He returned to work and we went out the lake at the base. We walked along the shore. I found this white flower with a small bee feeding off it. I stood over it trying to get a picture of the bee on the surface of the flower. That bee never cooperated.
Carlos came back as soon as he got out of work. It was a hot humid afternoon. He was looking great and we decided to go eat dinner at Pappadaux. We missed the exit twice and when we finally got there we couldn't find the front door. Ending up on a side entrance, Carlos pulled on the door but it was locked. We started to walk away when the door opened and a waitress called to us to come in. She even took us to a table by the window. No waiting. She was so nice. We also went to see a movie and when we walked into the theater it was almost full. We were standing at the bottom when a lady began to wave her arms and point to the seats behind her motioning with her hand that there were three chairs there. We must have met two of the most friendliest and helpful people in Ft. Worth that day.

We found this church and I went to photograph it. Carlos volunteered to take our picture. I think he's got his daddy's talent for taking pictures.

Not bad for two old grandparents.

I took this one of Elfida and Carlos having a good laugh...probably at my expense.
Yeah that's them again. Beautiful church.
We came upon Mr. Squirrel as we walked around the church. I think it was one of those psychotic killer squirrels. It had this crazy look in its eyes.

Yeah, it was ready to attack me, so we left in hurry. Yep, we met the two friendliest people in Ft. Worth and one crazy squirrel.


1 comment:

Jillski said...

Man... our son looks good doesn't he? Just so glad he's in Fort Worth.