Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Backyard safari

This morning I got up and went to eat lunch at school with Isabelle. It was grandparents day. Elfida met me there. Nathan, Isabelle's friend, adopted us as grandparents for the day too. His dad recruited Carlos into the Marine Corps. We ate with both of them. I wore my uniform, and met about 15 more kids at lunch.
I got home and it was to hot to do any yard work. I grabbed my camera and went on a photo safari in my own backyard.

The first two are pictures of our crape myrtles.

It was such a hot and muggy day that all the dogs were hanging under the Live Oak shade.


Elfida said she was going to buy braces for Izma. I don't know why he makes those eyes when I take pictures of her.


I drove down the old Lorena road and went under the new bridge. I took some more pictures of the water that still remains there.


The minnows still survive in the small puddles of water.

I placed the camera on a tree stump and took a picture of myself.


Don't know their name, but they are beautiful.


Use a tripod for this one.


I found a crawdad grave yard.
The rain came out of nowhere. It pored for about 30 minutes. It was still raining when I headed home. I drove about a mile and the ground was bone dry.

An exploding rain drop.


I spent the whole 30 minutes under this bridge. I took over 100 pictures.
Love the colors after a rain.


Lots of traffic here. Everyone was friendly and would honk and wave.


My last photo. Pearls falling from the bridge.



No comments: