Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can't sleep...

I couldn't sleep... so I walked out of the house with my camera. I found the moon a willing subject for my midnight photo safari. The air was crisp and cool, clear, clear dark sky. It felt like a Fall night. Aaah, such a beautiful moon. Made me think of forty years ago when our astronauts landed on its surface. I watched it on our new 19 inch black and white portable TV. We were in La Salle, Colorado. So many things have changed, so many things will change again, yet the moon looks the same. It's surface creamy white against such a dark sky....


There were a few clouds floating high, so high above me. They slowly disappeared leaving the moon by itself.


Hey that's me!!! Yeah, no one to play with, so I used myself as a ghostly subject.


Yes, I still love my wife and I wrote it for her with light.


Elfie slept through my experiments with light.

The neighborhood was quiet. Somewhere past our fence, beyond the dark pasture, a lonely cow called out for the rest of the herd. A lone cat hunted crickets quietly under the street light. Sister stood by the gate watching me taking pictures. The yellow light from the street corner washed over everything out on the street. No breeze, the flag was motionless on the flag pole. The perfect night, wish my sons had been with me.

No comments: